Despite the delays and damage from Hurricanes Irma and Maria, the STYC tennis program had very busy fall, winter and spring seasons. Lots of lower and middle school students participated in after school lessons and clinics and the adult classes in the mornings and afternoons were well attended. The Saturday Complimentary Clinics were also popular and the VIYA Open Tennis Tournament was a great success with over 65 participants, many of whom played in multiple events.
Please review the tennis court reservation policies in the tennis rules before making a reservation. These can be found in the drop down menu under court sports.
Court Sign Up Guidelines:
- No one except the Pro may sign up for any court use more than a week in advance.
- All players must have completed play on a reserved court before they may reserve another court.
- All players’ names must be entered when reserving a court including guests/nonmembers.
- Courts may be reserved for periods not lasting more than one hour and a half and will be forfeited after 10 minutes if at least 2 member players are not present.
- Please cooperate by leaving the court promptly at the end of your assigned time.
- Please respect other member’s court and time allotment, restrain from interruptions and court crossing while play is in progress. Wait for end of current game, change over or use the other court entrances.
- Please address all suggestions, complaints, ideas to the Tennis Pro or the STYC staff.
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Winning proved the rule rather than the exception for St. Thomas’ Julio Martinez, who championed the highly-competitive Men’s Open Singles at the Viya VI Open Tennis...read more
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Register now! The Viya VI Open Tennis Tournament will be hosted by the St. Thomas Yacht Club (STYC), over the U.S. President’s Day holiday weekend, February 14 to...read more
BY ALL ACCOUNTS THE 2018 VIYA OPEN WAS A BIG SUCCESS. THE TENNIS COURT'S AT THE ST. THOMAS YACHT CLUB, ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE ISLAND, TOOK A BEATING FROM HURRICANES IRMA AND MARIA, BUT WE...read more