The STYC is excited to welcome Al Richards to our after school tennis program. Al has a deep history with tennis in the VI including a Bronze Medal at the CAC and Caribbean Games. Al has worked as the Pro at Secret Harbor, coached the tennis team at UVI, as well as traveled with intentional players to both junior and adult tournaments. We are excited to have Al join us at the STYC and look forward to seeing you on the courts.
Spring Tennis will run for 12 weeks from March 9 through May 25 with a two week break in March. See Below for Class schedules, which is also available on the club tennis calendar. Online registration and payment as well as a signed online waiver are required by March 8. All players must be members of the STYC.
Please review the tennis court reservation policies in the tennis rules before making a reservation. These can be found in the drop down menu under court sports.
Beginners Adult Clinics
This program emphasizes an overall introduction to tennis rules, etiquette, and scoring. It also emphasizes stroke development and rallying skills in preparation for non-competitive match play.
Intermediate Adult Clinics
This level can demonstrate strokes and rally and are ready for novice match play. Clinics emphasize repetitive stroke production and rallying skills in preparation for league and school matches.
This class offers members an opportunity to play doubles with other members. Our Pro will assist you with learning not only double game strategies but also learning the fundamentals to focus on a particular stroke and footwork.
Court Sign Up Guidelines:
- No one except the Pro may sign up for any court use more than a week in advance.
- All players must have completed play on a reserved court before they may reserve another court.
- All players’ names must be entered when reserving a court including guests/nonmembers.
- Courts may be reserved for periods not lasting more than one hour and a half and will be forfeited after 10 minutes if at least 2 member players are not present.
- Please cooperate by leaving the court promptly at the end of your assigned time.
- Please respect other member’s court and time allotment, restrain from interruptions and court crossing while play is in progress. Wait for end of current game, change over or use the other court entrances.
- Please address all suggestions, complaints, ideas to the Tennis Pro or the STYC staff.
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Winning proved the rule rather than the exception for St. Thomas’ Julio Martinez, who championed the highly-competitive Men’s Open Singles at the Viya VI Open Tennis...
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Register now! The Viya VI Open Tennis Tournament will be hosted by the St. Thomas Yacht Club (STYC), over the U.S. President’s Day holiday weekend, February 14 to...
BY ALL ACCOUNTS THE 2018 VIYA OPEN WAS A BIG SUCCESS. THE TENNIS COURT'S AT THE ST. THOMAS YACHT CLUB, ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE ISLAND, TOOK A BEATING FROM HURRICANES IRMA AND MARIA, BUT WE...